Google Site Kit is total trash and should never be used to place AdSense code on your WordPress site!
It’ll just result in your site being denied for “Google-served ads on screens without publisher-content,” or a similar reason, because whoever made the plugin clearly has no idea how AdSense works.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still good for Google Analytics, but it simply doesn’t work for AdSense. I’m not sure why, but if I had to guess: the team Google assigned to this plugin aren’t communicating with the AdSense team and have no idea where to place the code.
This is a problem, because AdSense is very picky about what pages ads can be served on. If so much as one page fails to meet their secret criteria: your entire site will be black-listed — they won’t even tell you what page it was!
The specific error I got implies the code was placed on my home-page, which is just a list of all my posts, or blog index, which is just a list of my five most recent posts, every post category, and every monthly archive. It might’ve also put the code on my contact form or log-in page.
Google just lists:
- low-value content (which they define as spam or filler text)
- pages that are under construction
- pages used for alerts, navigation or other behavioral purposes
- “dead end” or no content screens (e.g., Thank You, Log in, Exit, Error pages, etc.)
- Ads should not be placed within apps where the sole focus of the interaction is the user looking away from the screen. For example, a flashlight app
- Don’t place ads on automatically generated content, which they define as:
- Text that makes no sense to the reader but which may contain search keywords
- Text translated by an automated tool without human review or curation before publishing
- Text generated through automated processes
- Text generated using automated synonymizing or obfuscation techniques
- Text generated from scraping Atom/RSS feeds or search results
- Stitching or combining content from different web pages without adding sufficient value
None of this would apply if it were only placing the code on my posts.
I switched to the Ad Inserter plugin, which allows me to restrict the code only to posts, and I was almost instantly approved, proving my hypothesis that the Google Site Kit team have no idea what they’re doing.